[Haskell-cafe] A voyage of undiscovery

Stefan Holdermans stefan at cs.uu.nl
Fri Jul 17 14:34:09 EDT 2009

Andrew,

> That seems simple enough (although problematic to implement).
> However, the Report seems to say that it matters whether or not the
> bindings are muturally recursive [but I'm not sure precisely *how*
> it matters...]

It means that functions can only be used monomorphically within their
own binding group. (That includes the definition of the function
itself: functions cannot be polymorphically recursive. Of course,
these restrictions do not apply in case of explicit type signatures.
Even if this doesn't all make sense, immediately, it should give you
something to google for. ;-))

Cheers,

   Stefan