[Haskell-cafe] ANN: shelltestrunner 0.6 released

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Jul 15 14:05:16 EDT 2009

(and, the original which I didn't cc to -cafe.)

I'm pleased to announce the first release of shelltestrunner: a small
tool for testing any command-line program by running it through
"shell" tests defined with a simple file format. Each test can specify
the command-line arguments, input, expected output, expected stderr
output, and/or expected exit code.

This was extracted from the hledger project, inspired by the tests in
John Wiegley's ledger project, and uses Max Bolingbroke's test-
framework. In some cases you will get a big speedup by using test-
framework's parallelising feature.

Example:

$ shelltestrunner shelltestrunner *.test -- -j8
:args.test:1: [OK]
:args.test:2: [OK]
:args.test:3: [OK]
:args.test:4: [OK]
:early-j-option.test: [OK]
:help-flag.test: [OK]
etc.

I hope you find it useful. Feedback, patches, or alternate packaging
suggestions are welcome!

Best,
-Simon