[Haskell-cafe] RE: Haskell as a first language?

Ross Mellgren rmm-haskell at z.odi.ac
Tue Jul 14 11:24:06 EDT 2009

I agree -- I think the most major learning curve problem (for me) was
not learning haskell directly, it was un-learning all those patterns
and workarounds and so on from imperative/OOP languages.

Of course, the only problem with learning haskell first is that one
will probably be mildly annoyed by most of the more common programming
languages ;-)