[Haskell-cafe] Re: Could C libraries be part of Haskell Platform?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sun Jul 12 20:12:29 EDT 2009

On Jul 12, 2009, at 20:06 , Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> This isn't clear to me; in general you only need to bind them once
> and then they're available in Haskell.  Why not include the library
> with its bindings?

The exception here is the still-evolving bindings to e.g. BLAS.  It's
not at all clear to me that including BLAS in the Haskell Platform is
going to help with this; more important is having people who
understand BLAS, who probably already have it, and making BLAS libs
available won't help someone like me understand it well enough to work
on the bindings.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu