[Haskell-cafe] Colour tutorial (Was: AC-Vector, AC-Colour and AC-EasyRaster-GTK)

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 09:43:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 6:42 AM, <roconnor at theorem.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, roconnor at theorem.ca wrote:
>
>> You can use by lib without worrying about the CIE.  You can use my library
>> without ever importing or using the word CIE.  However, the CIE stuff is
>> there for those who need it.
>>
>> Perhaps I (maybe with some help) need to make a tutorial on the haskell
>> wiki to try to make it less intimidating.
>
> Okay, I threw together a quick introduction at
> <http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Colour>.  Any changes, comments,
> corrections, and addtions are welcome.  It's a wiki!

Excellent!

I admit to being Quite Baffled by the new terminology when I tried
using this library a few months ago. Spent a lot of time on WP trying
to find out what everything was! Even something as simple as stating
"yes, just use Colour Double" makes the library seem a lot easier to
plumb in to other things.

A couple of notes:

Section 4.2: "Out of gamut channels be clamped to either to the range
0 to 255" <-- some kind of mix-up here

Section 5: "Note that\n\nOne should avoid dissolving" has a spurious
line break, or an unfinished sentence.

Dougal Stanton
dougal at dougalstanton.net // http://www.dougalstanton.net