[Haskell-cafe] Monoid wants a (++) equivalent

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Mon Jul 6 08:59:48 EDT 2009

Mattias Bengtsson <moonlite at dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

>> (?) is also undefined in Prelude.

> Which i think is a good thing.
> I think it's quite nice to use (?) as an operator in higher order
> functions.

Also, it clashes with the implicit parameters extension, and combining
the extension with a user-defined (?) operator resulted in (?) having
a whitespace-dependent meaning, IIRC.

This is perhaps not so crucial anymore, in the time since I stumbled
into this  -fglasgow-exts has largely been replaced by more
fine-grained mechanisms, and implicit parameters has become less
fashionable.

-k