[Haskell-cafe] Monoid wants a (++) equivalent

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Wed Jul 1 02:24:08 EDT 2009

You know, this might be the right time to start expanding our
vocabulary beyond seven bits.  Since we're likely to keep mappend
around as an alias for some time, people would have a grace period to
adjust.

How about U+2295 (circle with plus inside it)?

Or, if we would like to stick to the 8-bit subset to keep those 8859-1
users happy, how about ¤ (funny circle over an x, U+00A4)

-k