[Haskell-cafe] can't build testpack

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 20:41:10 EST 2009

2009/2/1 Ezekiel Smithburg <tehgeekmeister at gmail.com>

> solution to that problem:
>
> deleted the lines from "If flag(splitBase)" on and changed base in
> Build-Depends to base >= 4.

Well, this is exactly what I suggested in the first place:

> This error is due to usage of old base package in version 3.> In .cabal
file add dependency on base-4, in form "base >= 4".

Regarding second qustion:

> random 1.0.0.1 is installed, i've verified that.  what does this error
mean?

It means that .cabal file fails to specify dependancy on random package. Add
dependancy on "random" package next to "base>=4". This should help.

All best

Christopher Skrzętnicki