[Haskell-cafe] HDBC-ODBC, bindCol

G?uenther Schmidt redcom at fedoms.com
Wed Jan 28 21:10:10 EST 2009

Hi John,

I've just been going  through the HDBC-ODBC code wondering if I could
find the spot that needs changing so that Doubles work properly with
MS-Access.

Could you please tell me, if I understand this correctly?

The bindCol function does not actually look at the particular value
type, ie. SqlDouble, SqlInteger ..., to determine the type but queries
the database via sqlDescribeParam to get the type.

Which might fail though and not leave a clue. In that case the SqlType
still isn't used, but rather some default?

If I was more literate in Haskell I would propably be able to answer
this myself, sry, I'll catch up.

And I had a hell of a time finding an SQL/ODBC for C Tutorial and never
coded in C.

Thanks upfront

Günther