[Haskell-cafe] Text.Xhtml & output encoding

akillah akillah1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 22:00:00 EST 2009

Can Text.Xhtml output some specific encoding ?

Only thing I'm able to get out of it is text literally filled with
trigraphs, which strikes me as ugly and is longer than ie. UTF-8 formatted
output.
I've found that it had been recommended to sb. to use latin-1 as output
encoding (question was concerning diacritical characters) so i'm guessing
that the answer is no ...

Am I mistaken ? Is there another lib (preferrably XHTML compliant) that can
acomplish it ? Would using primHtml to incorporate properly encoded Strings
be frowned upon ?

Thanks, akillah.