[Haskell-cafe] space leak with 'concat' ?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Jan 27 16:58:50 EST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Jonathan Cast wrote:

> To show that there's nothing wrong with concat per se, try this version
> instead:
>
>  ghc +RTS -M16m -c30 -RTS -e 'print $ concat $ repeat "bla"'
>
> This should print forever without any problems.

You are right, this works. My example was extracted from a larger module.
But in that module I defined the text to be printed as top-level variable
which might have been the problem. But this can't be the problem of the
compiled version of the program, where I encountered the leak. So I have
to keep on searching that leak.