[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Hayoo! beta 0.3

Timo B. Hübel t.h at gmx.info
Sun Jan 25 18:32:30 EST 2009

Hello!

We are pleased to announce the next beta version 0.3 of Hayoo!, the Haskell
API search engine with find-as-you-type and suggestions.

Visit Hayoo! here: http://holumbus.fh-wedel.de/hayoo

Basically, there is one new major feature available:

Hayoo! now works even if your browser does not support JavaScript. Of course,
this means that you won't have the find-as-you-type functionality, but
everything else will be available.

Hence everybody who has been scared away from Hayoo! because of all this crazy
AJAX stuff now has no excuse anymore for not using Hayoo! ;-)

Along the way we fixed several minor bugs and slightly improved the ranking
algorithm as well as the help page. Since the last official announcement we
were also able to bring back the source links.

Still to come in the next weeks is a major index update to reflect the
incredible package growth on Hackage.

Please let us know about any problems, hints and suggestions.

Happy hacking,
Timo