[Haskell-cafe] Re: list choices

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun Jan 25 17:17:23 EST 2009

> The duplicate messages will have the same Message-ID...

> if they post a message they
> *want* the reply to go to their main inbox as well as the mailing list
> folder.

Maybe I am just stupid, or maybe my email client is inadequate, but I
cannot work out how to filter the same email such that different
copies go into different boxes.  For me, all 3 or 4 copies of a cross-
post get filtered into the same box.  I have not yet managed to find a
reliably distinguishing set of headers to separate them.

As for Reply-to: munging - I agree that _changing_ an existing header
would be bad, but would be very happy if mailing lists were to
_introduce_ one on messages where none already existed.

(I _am_ aware of the general polemic against using a default Reply-To: