[Haskell-cafe] ANN: gitit 0.5
jgm at berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 24 19:32:29 EST 2009
We are pleased to announce the latest release of Gitit, the
multitalented distributed wiki written in Haskell.
What's new in this release?
* 'Gitit' is now something of a misnomer, as Gitit now makes use of
the filestore library. The upshot is that Gitit can now work in Darcs
repositories; if before you thought Gitit was cool but didn't like
git, you now have no excuse!
* Gitit has been optimized (thanks to the efforts of Gwern Branwen):
- Pages are now gzipped whenever possible.
will be cached by the browser.
- Those previously mentioned elements have been optimized for space,
and rearranged in the generated pages for faster rendering.
* A new configuration option allows reStructuredText to be used instead
of markdown (thanks to a patch from Simon Michael).
* Gitit now sports a 'Go' box. You can now either search through
Search, or go to a specific page title via Go.
* Search is smarter, and can also return page titles.
* Revisions are better formatted: the author field now include the
user's email as well.
* Diffs are of much higher quality, thanks to filestore.
* UTF8-related fixes.
You can check out a running example at http://gitit.johnmacfarlane.net/.
Or try it locally:
cabal install -fhighlighting pandoc gitit
gitit # note: this will create two subdirectories in the working directory
# then browse to http://localhost:5001.
The git repository for Gitit is at http://github.com/jgm/gitit/tree/master
More information about the Haskell-Cafe