[Haskell-cafe] Current research on overlapping/closed type families?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 23 21:06:20 EST 2009

Provided all the overlapping instances are supplied together, as you suggest, I think what you say makes perfect sense and does not threaten soundness.

But we have not yet implemented the idea yet.  First priority is to get type families working properly, and in conjunction with type classes.  Then we can move on to adding features.

Simon