[Haskell-cafe] MySQL and HDBC?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 15:22:26 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 03:54 -0600, Galchin, Vasili wrote:

>         On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Duncan Coutts
>         <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>                 This was uploaded to hackage yesterday:
>
>                 http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/HDBC-mysql-0.1
>
>                 You might like to test it and give feedback to the
>                 author.

> ooops ... cabal install HDBC-mysql doesn't work ....??
>
> Vasili

Vasili, it's really no good telling me this, especially since you did
not cc the author or haskell-cafe. I am not the author of the package.
And even if I were you have provided no details on what goes wrong.

I'm sure it was not your intention, but to some people your response
would sound demanding and unhelpful, possibly even rude. Make sure that
when you do contact the author that you send them something that they
will find helpful.

So when you email the author make sure you provide full details about
what you did and about the environment you are using, eg platform, ghc
version, where your mysql libraries are installed, what version they are
etc.

I would guess that the most likely problem is that you do not have the
mysql development package installed. It should provide the mysql_config
program. If that is not the problem then contact the package author with
the full details.

Duncan