[Haskell-cafe] MySQL and HDBC?

Chris Waterson waterson at maubi.net
Fri Jan 23 11:33:58 EST 2009

On Jan 23, 2009, at 1:23 AM, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 08:06 +0000, Sebastian Sylvan wrote:
>>

>> 2009/1/23 Galchin, Vasili <vigalchin at gmail.com>
>>        Hello,
>>
>>             "Real World Haskell" seems to say that the abstraction
>>        layer HDBC doesn't support MySQL. If so, in what sense doesn't
>>        HDBC support
>>        MySQL??
>>
>> It doesn't have a MySQL  backend. However, it does have an ODBC
>> backend which should work fine with MySQL.
>
> This was uploaded to hackage yesterday:
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/HDBC-mysql-0.1
>
> You might like to test it and give feedback to the author.

I would very much appreciate feedback.

I'm still working with John Goerzen (who has been extremely helpful)
to iron our some details, see [1] for a list of issues that you should
be aware of before you start doing anything too serious.

thanks!
chris

[1] http://www.maubi.net/~waterson/hacks/hdbc-mysql.html