[Haskell-cafe] Employment

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 20 14:14:59 EST 2009

Jonathan Cast wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 21:04 +0000, Andrew Coppin wrote:
>
>> I mean, heck, *I* use Haskell at work - and I'm not even supposed to be
>> coding things!
>>

> /me feels slightly relieved, if you'll forgive my saying so :)

Damn... I didn't think I was *that* bad at using Haskell? o_O

> Also, if you don't mind my asking, what *is* your job title?

Technically, "system administrator". An equally valid description might
be "the whole computer department".

But in reality, my job involves swapping the backup tapes each day, and
rebooting people's computers when Word crashes. Obviously, I'd like to
be doing something a *tad* more interesting. (Not to mention better
paid...!)