[Haskell-cafe] How to make code least strict?

Jan Christiansen jac at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Thu Jan 22 09:00:39 EST 2009

Thomas Davie wrote:
> Further to all the playing with unamb to get some very cool behaviors,
> you might want to look at Olaf Chitil's paper here:
> http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/pubs/2006/2477/index.html
> It outlines a tool for checking if your programs are as non-strict as
> they can be.

We have discussed StrictCheck on the thread "Maintaining Laziness" which
also covered the topic least strictness but wasn't as popular as this one.

I have put up a page with functions from Data.List which are not least
strict. I want to extend this with other examples from standard libraries.
The page can be found at