[Haskell-cafe] Cabal.exe is available from http://haskell.org/~duncan/cabal/, but is not included in the latest cabal-install tool (version 0.6.0).

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 08:44:03 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 18:38 +0900, Benjamin L.Russell wrote:

> To facilitate installation for Windows users, perhaps cabal.exe should
> be bundled with cabal-install-0.6.0.tar.gz, and the README file
> updated?

I will mention it in the README for the next release. As it happens the
new bootstrap.sh also works if you've got mingw/cygwin and wget/curl.

I did not have access to a Windows machine at the time I made the
previous release, so the cabal.exe was not available at the time. Also
it was a bit experimental at the time, not many people had tested it on
Windows.

Duncan