[Haskell-cafe] Big endian vs little endian in Haskell land?

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 08:24:30 EST 2009

Sure, I've had to deal with this frequently.  Luckily, Data.Binary has
functions like getWord32be, putWord64le, etc.  I've never had any
problems and typically don't worry about the wire format after making
the Binary instances.

Or, if your question was what types of programs might be concerned you
can include any program that writes data to a file where the file
might be read on a different system and networking programs,
obviously.

Tom