[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HTTPbis / HTTP-4000.x package available

Sigbjorn Finne sigbjorn.finne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:40:08 EST 2009

On 1/17/2009 08:21, Tim Newsham wrote:
>> There's however still no framework which supports both HTTP client and
>> server functions using the same Request and Response data type, right? I
>> don't know whether I am the only one who needs this (e.g. for the Real
>> Monad Transformer). E.g. a proxy would need this, too.
>
> I've wanted this for a while now.  "Me Too."
>
> Tim Newsham
> http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/
There's the basic receiveHTTP and respondHTTP that

   Network.HTTP.Stream
   Network.HTTP.HandleStream

exports. But that is probably not enough for your uses, I suspect.

To ensure that this feature request isn't dropped or forgotten about,
please add
a ticket for it via the (new-homed) HTTP web pages --

     http://projects.haskell.org/http/

Or, better still :-), contribute the code...to HTTP or some existing web
server
framework.

thanks
--sigbjorn