[Haskell-cafe] Elevator pitch for functional programming

Ryan Ingram ryani.spam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 17:17:10 EST 2009

I recommend checking out Don Syme's slides from CUFP 2008.

http://cufp.galois.com/2008/slides/

This isn't Haskell directly, it's F#, but it fits the "functional
programming generally", and the two languages have, relative to the
universe of programming languages, more in common than they do
different.

There's a lot of "would you rather write this?" with a giant chunk of
C#, followed by "or this?" with a few readable lines of F#.

  -- ryan