[Haskell-cafe] GHCi Memory Leak in Windows Vista

spam.andir at gmail.com spam.andir at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 20:25:36 EST 2009

Hi all!

Environment: Windows Vista + SP1, GHC 6.10.1.

process, memory leak in ghci occurred.  After exhausting available
memory Vista has no responding.

Steps for reproduce:
1)      After run GHCi, process list has 2 processes: ghci.exe (a), ghc.exe (b),
2)      Then I run separated compilation process 20 times:

Command Line:
for /L %i in (1,1,20) do ghc -fforce-recomp -O --make "problem.hs" -o
"problem.exe"

Sample Haskell Program listing (problem.hs):
main :: IO ()
main = do
    print $ [x | x <- [1..]]
    putStrLn "Hello, world!"

3)      In process list (taskmgr.exe) I can see some processor
activity and increasing value of "Memory (Private Working Set)" for
process (b).
4)      After run "Memory (Private Working Set)" increased about 100Mb.

Best regards.