[Haskell-cafe] Employment

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Jan 19 16:01:38 EST 2009

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Is it possible to earn money using Haskell? Does anybody here actually
> do this?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)

I work for a company that designs, builds, and sells lawn mowers
(hustlerturf.com).  We use quite a bit of Haskell, especially as a "glue
language" for tying together data from different manufacturing-related
systems.  We also use it for some web apps that are deployed to our
dealer network.  There are also some uses for it doing sysadmin
automation, such as adding/removing people from LDAP servers and the like.

-- John