[Haskell-cafe] Re: Improved documentation for Bool

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 19 14:33:51 EST 2009

roconnor at theorem.ca wrote:
> I noticed the Bool datatype isn't well documented.  Since Bool is not
> a common English word, I figured it could use some haddock to help
> clarify it for newcomers.

My only problem with it is that it's called Bool, while every other
programming language on Earth calls it Boolean. (Or at least, the
languages that *have* a name for it...)

But I'm far more perturbed by names like Eq, Ord, Num, Ix (??), and so
on. The worst thing about C is the unecessary abbriviations; let's not
copy them, eh?