[Haskell-cafe] Expect module?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+cl at mega-nerd.com
Mon Jan 19 14:31:17 EST 2009

Donn Cave wrote:

> Quoth Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com>:
> >> Is there a Haskell-Expect module? Something that would allow me to
> >> control an external Unix program via its stdin/stdout/stderr?
> >
> > System.Process does what you want, I think:
> It might not.  Expect uses pseudottys (cf. openpty()), and select().

Yep, I definitely need the pty as the program I need to run asks for
a password. Pipes won't work.

Erik de Castro Lopo
"The earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
Children no longer mind parents ...and it is evident that the end of
the world is approaching fast." -- Assyrian Tablet Engraved in 2800 B.C.