[Haskell-cafe] runghc Setup.hs doitall

David Leimbach leimy2k at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 12:12:32 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Sebastian Sylvan <
sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some sort of bundle that you can use to install cabal-install
> easily? Because it looks to me like I'd have to spend the better part of an
> evening manually downloading and installing the gazillion of dependencies it
> has, which is far too much work when I just wanted to spend ten minutes
> playing with some package...

You typically need HTTP and zlib.  Perhaps cabal-install could have it's own
minimal implementations to be standalone?

However I don't find needing to cabal build and install 2 packages to be so
difficult.

And once you have cabal-install, you've got it ;-)  It should be able to
update itself.

Maybe adding cabal-install to the ghc packaging solves all the problems,
then they just need zlib and http in the main distribution.

Dave

>>> configure-build-and-install-this-package?. The unix installers do is t