[Haskell-cafe] OS X build failure of Gtk2Hs from MacPorts

Ross Mellgren rmm-haskell at z.odi.ac
Sat Jan 17 18:22:26 EST 2009

I personally spurned MacPorts for this reason (and others). I've had
good success using the GTK+ Aqua framework from http://www.gtk-
osx.org/ and manually compiling pkg-config and gtk2hs from the darcs
repository. The only "trick" was to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH appropriately
before running gtk2hs' configure script:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/
Cairo.framework/Resources/dev/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/
GLib.framework/Resources/dev/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/
Gtk.framework/Resources/dev/lib/pkgconfig

Also had to --disable-gio to gtk2hs' configure.

-Ross