[Haskell-cafe] Comments from OCaml Hacker Brian Hurt

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Fri Jan 16 08:41:18 EST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, John Goerzen wrote:

> Several people have suggested this, and I think it would go a long way
> towards solving the problem.  The problem is: this documentation can
> really only be written by those that understand the concepts,
> understand how they are used practically, and have the time and
> inclination to submit patches.  Experience suggests there may be no
> such people out there :-)

I'd probably be willing to have a crack given people to report back to (so
someone else can comment on whether the docs're any good) and a clear
process to follow. How much I'd actually get done's another matter of
course, and is also likely to depend on who's willing to talk about docs
on IRC! I'm thinking we probably need a #haskell-docs for coordination,
there's too much traffic to do it in #haskell itself these days.

flippa at flippac.org

"The reason for this is simple yet profound. Equations of the form
x = x are completely useless. All interesting equations are of the
form x = y." -- John C. Baez