[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HLint 1.2

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:25:22 EST 2009

>> Ah, I misunderstood. Yes, it could (in theory), but it can't
>> automatically apply the hints it generates. Upgrading to GHC 6.10 is
>> probably easier :-)
>
> Also throwing away Hugs ... (YHC too ?)

Yes :-(

I normally develop in Hugs, for a change I wanted to try GHCi. It's
also a project that has loads of pattern matching at a fairly complex
level, so the benefits offered by view-patterns and pattern-guards
were just too hard to pass up. I'm also using SYB and Uniplate on SYB
quite extensively.

Now we just need Haskell' to standardise the useful bits (pattern
guards, rank-2 types, deriving Data) throw away the junk (n+k,
monomorphism restriction) and I can write beautiful programs for all
Haskell thingies.

Thanks

Neil

PS. I think I threw away Yhc when I imported Data.Map :-)