[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hs-dotnet, version 0.3.0

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Jan 15 06:14:52 EST 2009

Sigbjorn Finne wrote:
> the first public release of hs-dotnet is now available

Fantastic accomplishment! I can only repeat dons' comment
- this could be game-changing.

Some obvious questions that come to mind:

We see that it is already possible to expose a Haskell function
to .NET as a callback. That's exciting! Can we go to the next step
and register it as part of an assembly?

Is it be possible for a running .NET app to fire
up the GHC runtime and call into compiled Haskell?

Is it possible at all for a .NET function not to have any side effects?
If so, is there any way to label it as such and then call it
from Haskell outside of the IO monad?

Thanks,
Yitz