[Haskell-cafe] real haskell difficulties (at least for me)

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 13 14:20:56 EST 2009

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki wrote:
> My experience from using GHC under Windows XP is very similar. Many
> packages (especially those involving bindings to C packages) are at
> least painful to build.

+1

Also have to love packages that use Unix-specific features as part of
their build process. (I even found a page on the Wiki that recommends
the use of Bash scripts. Hmm...)

I vividle remember Dons repeatedly telling me that I should try out
[some package who's name escapes me], and then discovering that it
doesn't actually work on Windows at all. (Couldn't this critical
information be included somewhere prominent on Hackage??)