[Haskell-cafe] some ideas for Haskell', from Python

Tim Wawrzynczak inforichland at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 13:58:47 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Martijn van Steenbergen <
martijn at van.steenbergen.nl> wrote:

> Jonathan Cast wrote:
>
>> Haskell already has a couple of abstraction tools for dealing with code.
>> One is called `first-class functions'; another is called `lazy
>> evaluation'.
>>

> And for all the rest there is TH?
>
> M.

Woah fellas, I wasn't trying to start a flame war, I was merely commenting
that those who have not used Lisp don't really understand the power that
macros can have in a language (such as Lisp) that supports them, and where
code and data can be used interchangeably.  And I've never used TH so I
can't comment on that.  Don't worry, I'm on your side :)