[Haskell-cafe] walking a directory tree efficiently

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Jan 13 17:54:53 EST 2009

Hi.

During a tentative (quite unsuccessfull) to convert a simple Python
script that prints on stdout a directory and all its subdirectory [1] in
a good Haskell (mostly to start to do real practice with the language),
I came across this blog post:
http://blog.moertel.com/articles/2007/03/28/directory-tree-printing-in-haskell-part-three-lazy-i-o

Since recently I read about alternatives to lazy IO (like iteratee), I'm
curious to know if a flexible, efficient and safe alternative exists,
for the task of display a directory tree.

[1] http://paste.pocoo.org/show/99523/

Thanks  Manlio perillo