[Haskell-cafe] Re: Looking for Haskellers on Windows

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 15:04:44 EST 2009

>> Hi Bulat,
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Thus my cry for help explicitly to Haskellers on Windows.
>
> (...)
> It's a pitty that Windows receives so little support, but I guess if
> nobody has a Windows box to test with, there's not much you can do about
> it.

I think it deserves consideration: what about a mailing
list like haskell-portability? If someone asks on this
haskell-cafe for some way to do, say, USB on windows using
Haskell, some answers would arrive; but if one asks at
this, say, haskell-portability list, "I have a working
Haskell USB library running everywhere except on Windows",
it's likely to get the attention of people who do have deep
OS understanding and are willing to do a big effort to
solve a problem if that results in a new library that
can be trusted at any OS.

Maurício