[Haskell-cafe] teaching functional programming at work

Warren Harris warrensomebody at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 13:21:31 EST 2009

Thank you all for your responses on this. These ideas/materials are
very helpful. In particular, the John Harrison book looks excellent (http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/teaching/Lectures/funprog-jrh-1996/index.html
) -- a comprehensive and understandable introduction to all the
concepts I had in mind. (I'm not sure what my audience's attention
span will be though.) The WhyFP paper is also very good, although
doesn't go into monads or types, it does a good job of illustrating
modularity/composability.

I'll send an update if this study group gets off the ground, to let
you all know how it worked out.

Warren