[Haskell-cafe] Re: Computer time, independent of date

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sat Jan 10 09:04:36 EST 2009

Steve Schafer ha scritto:
> On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:28:49 -0600, you wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure that the original question implied *that* level of need.
>
> I can't imagine being worried about leap seconds yet at the same time
> being willing to accept the potential vagaries of any of the built-in
> clocks.

POSIX realtime extensions have been developed to be high reliable.
I don't know if the implementations on general purpose operating systems
like Linux are reliable, but in case of problems one can try to switch
to a real time operating system.

This resources may be useful:
http://juliusdavies.ca/posix_clocks/clock_realtime_linux_faq.html

Timing is, however, a complex issue.