[Haskell-cafe] Re: concurrent haskell: thread priorities

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 07:19:42 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> Every time Simon responds on questions of parallelism and the GHC
> runtime, I learn something. That indicates to me that we've got a 'bus
> error' situation with how to effectively use the smp runtime.
>
> Simon: time for a multicore FAQ wiki page to gather this knowledge, like
> we did for the performance tips? Somewhere to paste these insights?

A few weeks ago, during the weekly GHC meeting, Simon explained the
internals of the threading system to me. Among other things he
explained how many threads are run per core, how they are load
balanced and migrated between cores. I found it very enlightening.
Maybe, that could serve as a basis for a GHCThreadingInternals wiki
page. Is #ghc channel logged anywhere?

Cheers,

Johan