[Haskell-cafe] Re: databases in Haskell & type-safety

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 14:45:06 EST 2009

> However options in d) do not offer, afaik, type-safety which is emblem of
> Haskell language, so I wonder how much this could be the problem for
> real-world usage?

I've been doing a lot of low level sqlite3 lately (it's going to
be on a hackage package as soon as I finish my current work). As
long as I clearly isolate and test the marshalling of my data to SQL
and back, my (personal, probably different from yours) experience using
just sqlite3_exec has never got me into trouble.

Best,
Maurício