[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: haskell-src-exts 0.4.8

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 12:38:15 EST 2009

Thanks all for the suggestions!

VIM and I have never gone together well, probably mostly my fault I
know. Maybe some day... Emacs isn't my favorite either. I do have
Notepad++, but it only seems to support a small portion of the unicode
I need. Normally I use TextPad, but it wouldn't show me any of the
symbols I need, even though it supposedly should read the document as
Unicode.

But regardless of I find an editor I could use, NAD's suggestion is
really the best:

>> - Support for Unicode symbols for e.g. ->. Fixing that would require
>> me to have a Unicode-compliant editor
>
> Can't you just use character literals like '\x2192'?

Doh, of course! That's not only the simplest but also clearly the most
portable solution, since then I (and others looking at the code) could
use whatever editor I like. Thanks NAD! :-)

Cheers,

/Niklas