[Haskell-cafe] Haskell not ready for Foo [was: Re: Hypothetical Haskell job in New York]

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Fri Jan 9 09:46:22 EST 2009

My statements refer not to the FFI, but as I said, to "FFI code". FFI-
based libraries seldom compile without excessive amounts of work,
they're often poorly documented, and in general they seem to be
maintained much less than pure Haskell libraries. The FFI is
necessary, of course, but in general I view it as a bootstrapping
process leading to pure Haskell libraries -- a crutch you have to live
with until you can afford to pay the price of walking.

Regards,

John