[Haskell-cafe] Haskell not ready for Foo [was: Re: Hypothetical Haskell job in New York]

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Thu Jan 8 12:36:32 EST 2009

The number of applications requiring the implementation of a custom
web server is an insignificant fraction of the number of applications
requiring a messaging system. I don't think anyone would dispute
Haskell's ability to do low-level, raw networking, of the type that
few people actually need to do. It's the higher level stuff where
there's a huge amount of room for improvement.

Regards,

John