[Haskell-cafe] Haskell not ready for Foo [was: Re: Hypothetical Haskell job in New York]

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Thu Jan 8 10:52:01 EST 2009

Take, for example, RabbitMQ. There's nothing even remotely close in
Haskell-land.

RabbitMQ is written in 100% Erlang. It's built on Open Telecom
Platform, which again is without equal in Haskell.

There are a lot of theoretical reasons why Haskell would be a good
choice to build libraries such as these, but lacking any production
implementations, it's all just theory.

Regards,

John