[Haskell-cafe] Haskell not ready for Foo [was: Re: Hypothetical Haskell job in New York]

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Thu Jan 8 09:32:37 EST 2009

Haskell's networking support is very rudimentary. Erlang's is quite
sophisticated. For network intensive applications, especially those
requiring messaging, fault-tolerance, distribution, and so forth,
there's no doubt that Erlang is a more productive choice.

Not because of the language, per se, but because of all the stuff that
is packaged with it, or available for it.

Regards,

John