[Haskell-cafe] ideas for a phd in the area of paralleism?

nml arumakanil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 05:59:18 EST 2009

Hi,
check http://www.intellasys.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35
          http://groups.google.com.tw/group/seaforth

That's a FORTH cpu I ever took a look one year ago when my professor
introduced it.
It has some very promising features as the above links claims.The most
impressive one for me is its mechanism of inter-core commuication.
Unfortunately(FORTH advocators may disagree), it seems to require
native FORTH programming and manual parallelism among the processor
arrary.
I wonder whether it's possible to implement a compiler with
parallelism capability(coordinate those cores) on it, especially for
functional languages.

Regards,
Mura