[Haskell-cafe] Maybe a compiler bug?

Murray Gross mgross21 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 6 19:40:37 EST 2009

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, Daniel Fischer wrote:

> Could you elaborate? I couldn't find an inconsistency using your previous
> code, it behaved as it should (until I ^C-ed it).

In several versions of the code, now unfortunately lost because of a crash
on a power failure (which is extremely rare where I live), I did not get
any "goOn" despite the value of gTst3 indicating I should, or where,
according to your analysis, I should have gotten a single "fail," I
didn't.  If I can prod myself into recreating now lost code (unfortunate,
sending out the wrong version of the code and losing the right one, only
to replace it with one that seems to work now [yes, I'm careful about
deleting .o and .hi files]), I'll do so, and report it as a bug according
to the instructions in another post. Since I have workarounds and I am
using a back-dated version of GHC, it probably isn't worth too much more
attention, although I'll keep a wary eye open.

Thanks to all for attention.

Best,

Murray Gross