[Haskell-cafe] Re: databases in Haskell & type-safety

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Sat Jan 3 09:09:51 EST 2009

>>>>> "Austin" == Austin Seipp <mad.one at gmail.com> writes:

Austin> Have you tried the simple sqlite3 bindings available?
Austin> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/sqlite

Not (yet), but those are the one I mentioned (besides HDBC) under d) ;)

Austin> Takusen is based on the (unique) concept of a left-fold
Austin> enumerator. Having a left-fold interface guarantees timely
Austin> (nearly perfect, really) deallocation of resources while still
Austin> having the benefits of a 'lazy' stream. This interface has (as
Austin> shown by Oleg and others) proven to be very efficient in a
Austin> number of cases as well as favorable for many. The idea is very
Austin> novel, and truly worth exploring if you ask me.

Thank you very much. I went through the docs for which you provided some
references - I cannot claim I understood everything, but it sounds/looks
quite interesting and worth exploring.

Is there any simple tutorial about using Takusen available somewhere?

Austin> NB: I have *just* (about 5 minutes ago) sent in a patch for
Austin> takusen to get it to build on GHC 6.10.1 to Oleg. Hopefully an
Austin> updated version will appear on hackage in the next few days.

Great news!

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D