[Haskell-cafe] Use of abbreviations in Haskell

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Fri Jan 2 15:59:07 EST 2009

Derek Elkins wrote:
> I haven't been able to find any semantic difficulties with this
> addition.

I like it too... what I run into is that there's an implicit
assumption that module of name Foo.Bar.Baz *must* be found
in a file Foo/Bar/Baz.[l]hs .  "module Main" seems to be the
only one exempted from it.  GHC uses this all the time when
going looking for a module's source code.  (it does help
make sure that for any module name in a package, there's
only one version of the source-code for that module...)  So
I think we need to accomplish working out the kinks we may
get in trying to break this assumption.

-Isaac