[Haskell-cafe] a newbies confusion with repositories - darcs or git

Gü?nther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sat Feb 28 18:57:10 EST 2009

Hi,

now that I'm finished with my haskell app I take the opportunity to
follow up on some things I hadn't quite understood in my so far short
venture into the haskell world.

Means: Prepare for a number of naive posts to follow.

I had the impression that darcs was the preferred repository for
haskellers, but there also is git.

So far I've just been using the goodol' svn.

But since I have the ambition to become a real haskeller I was gonna
make myself acquainted with darcs. Should I skip that and head straight
for git?

Günther